Automation is a powerful tool for businesses that enable them to run more efficiently and with fewer errors. Gartner predicts that by 2024 organizations will lower operational costs by 30% by combining hyper-automation technologies with redesigned operational processes. But as you stare down the road of automation, you’re bound to end up hitting a fork in the form of business process automation vs robotic process automation; how are they different. Albeit being synonymously used, there are some key differences between BPA and RPA. This article takes a closer look at both BPA and RPA and also highlights how they differ from each other.
Business Process Automation
Business process automation is an innovative approach to optimizing entire business processes with automation. The goal of BPA is to cut down repetitive workflows in order to improve efficiency and productivity. A report by the World Economic Forum revealed that 50% of business leaders plan to accelerate the automation of repetitive tasks within their organization. BPA takes the repetitive processes in your company that are time-intensive and automates them from one central location. BPA doesn’t focus on one department or process, but rather looks at the organization on a holistic level to see which processes could be improved through automation. Gartner predicts that 69% of all managerial work will be automated by 2024, further providing testament to the fact that business process automation is the future.
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic process automation is software that enables business process automation. RPA involves software robots manipulating and communicating with business systems and applications in an attempt to streamline processes and free up the workforce. RPA enables you to mimic manual tasks that are time and labor-intensive, allowing you to focus on strategic and critical tasks that add the most value to your business. Analysts at IDC recently predicted that the economic impact of implementing RPA in an organization will reach $55 Billion by the year 2025, a glaring proof that the market for RPA is indeed a promising one.
Business Process Automation vs Robotic Process Automation
The very first thing to understand while discussing business process automation vs robotic process automation is that RPA gives individual tasks to bots to streamline, whereas BPA takes an entire business process and automates it entirely. BPA requires an in-depth analysis of business problems, while RPA does not need such detailed data to be properly implemented.
Robotic process automation has garnered massive attention due to its ease of implementation as compared to that of BPA which requires greater legwork. While RPA might be the more famous of the two right now, a detailed comparison of business process automation vs robotic process automation will show that they are just two different approaches to reaching the same goal.
BPA and RPA eliminate human error with the automation of tasks, consequently improving the accuracy of your processes. Automating even one process can save several hours each day, which also reduces costs significantly. BPA and RPA, albeit being different approaches, work hand-in-hand to free up your workforce and drive greater efficiency and profits.
Why Choose Intone For Your Automation Needs?
A solid conclusion to the discussion of business process automation vs robotic process automation would be that both aim to drive efficiency and productivity throughout an organization by automating processes and that they often work in tandem to achieve their goals. Opting for either or both is a great choice that will help you take your first step into the world of digital automation.
Intone is a trailblazer when it comes to providing RPA solutions. Our solutions have proven to have 2x times more features in respect to use-case and mapping than that which is provided by Google Dialogflow. We offer,
- State-of-the-art front-end RPA, where we ensure that your customers have a superior experience and that they start to see your brand in a whole new light.
- Our back-end RPA can easily automate the most mundane, repetitive, and labor-intensive tasks to free up your employees to help them focus on higher-order tasks.
- Intone offers multilingual solutions as compared to the market standard of English only.
- Our advanced NLP understands customer requests and responds in a conversational manner with a minimum accuracy of 85%.
- Intone offers efficient omnichannel support through easy integration with commonly used customer support channels like Gmail, Outlook 365, etc.
- Intone offers a top-of-the-line enterprise-grade security with a minimum of 256-bit encryption at both transmission and rest.
- Intone’s RPA will anonymize your data to ensure greater protection of sensitive data and information.
- Intone offers end-to-end hyper-automation with our low-code engine.
- https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2021-04-28-gartner-forecasts-worldwide-hyperautomation-enabling-software-market-to-reach-nearly-600-billion-by-2022Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay