Continuous monitoring refers to the technology and method used by IT firms to discover compliance concerns and security hazards inside their IT infrastructure. It is typically performed using specialized software and hardware tools that are designed to collect, analyze, and report data in real time. Continuous monitoring is a proactive approach to risk management that helps organizations to identify and address potential issues before they escalate into major problems. Continuous monitoring can be applied in various fields, including cybersecurity, environmental monitoring, manufacturing, and healthcare.
Objectives of Continuous Monitoring
The purpose of continuous monitoring is to offer IT businesses near-instant feedback and insight on network performance and interactions, which aids in driving operational, security, and business success. The primary objectives include:
- Continuous monitoring helps to detect issues and anomalies in real time. It aims to identify issues and anomalies as soon as possible, allowing organizations to take timely action to prevent or mitigate potential problems.
- IT departments may use continuous monitoring to track user activity, particularly in minutes and hours after a major program update. Continuous monitoring solutions can assist IT operations teams in determining whether the upgrade had an impact on user behaviour and the overall customer experience.
- Continuous monitoring can also be used to assess the operational performance of applications. A continuous monitoring software tool can assist IT operations analysts in detecting application performance issues, determining their root causes, and implementing a remedy before the problem causes unexpected application downtime and revenue loss.
- Continuous monitoring can be used to ensure compliance with regulations and standards. It helps organizations to meet regulatory and compliance requirements by tracking and documenting their adherence to specific standards and guidelines.
You might also like: How Business Data Analytics Benefits Organizations
Key Benefits of Implementing a Continuous Monitoring Solution In Your Organization
IT firms that acquire the competence to monitor their IT infrastructure and security measures in real-time can gain a major competitive edge, particularly when compared to rivals that still use batch analysis or systematic analysis of older data. The following are the primary advantages of continuous monitoring:
Early Detection of Issues
Continuous monitoring allows organizations to identify and address issues as soon as they occur, minimizing the potential impact on operations and reducing the risk of data breaches or other security incidents.
By continuously monitoring systems and processes, organizations can maintain compliance with regulatory and industry standards, reducing the risk of fines or legal action.
Continuous monitoring of networks and systems can help detect and respond to potential security threats, improving an organization’s overall security posture.
Continuous monitoring can help organizations identify areas for improvement and optimize their operations, reducing costs and improving efficiency.
Continuous monitoring provides real-time data and insights into system performance, allowing organizations to make data-driven decisions and improve their overall decision-making processes.
Improved Customer Satisfaction
By ensuring systems and processes are working properly, organizations can provide better service and products to their customers, improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Continuous control monitoring in banking has helped users with a shared platform for all 3 lines of defence which enhanced their controls automation (BPA), performance reporting, data integration & much more.
Why Choose Intone EagleEye-365?
Continuous monitoring provides organizations with a proactive approach to risk management, compliance, security, efficiency, and customer satisfaction, ultimately leading to a more resilient and successful business. Hence, we at Intone understand this need and have developed a continuous monitoring plan that can help secure your systems against the latest threats plaguing the industry. We offer,
- An end-to-end enterprise platform that integrates key GRC functional requirements of security, risk management, incident management, data visualization/ virtualization, continuous control monitoring, continuous auditing, robotic process automation, fraud, and compliance management into one single solution.
- Connections with 240+ Industry Standard Data Sources and applications.
- Low-Code/No-Code Platform with drag/drop features and In-Built Multiple System Communications Features.
- An automated ERM and control response system along with automated incident management and resolution system.
- A microservices audit platform with real-time reporting and Uninterrupted underlying systems.
- We offer SSL encryption and AES 256-bit encryption to ensure that your sensitive data is safeguarded against malicious attempts at modification and manipulation.
- We offer state-of-the-art infrastructure in terms of cybersecurity, with secure architecture, firewall, and intrusion detection/prevention system designs to boost your security against cyber breaches and threats.
- Intone offers an extensive range of regulatory, data privacy, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance and industry solutions to meet the current regulatory requirements and to ensure that you will not face any trouble when it comes to product/process-related compliance requirements.
- Our RPA will anonymize your data to ensure greater protection of sensitive data and information.
With the help of data integration & controls automation (BPA), continuous control monitoring in insurance has proven to be quite effective for users. Feel free to get in touch with us for more information or a demo.