The world we live in today is as connected as it ever has been. Businesses and corporations around the world thrive in this interconnected space. But have you, or your business fallen prey to dark clutches of cyberattacks and breaches? Are you in a constant search to find ways to improve security and protect private data? If so, then you need to have cybersecurity that has robotic process automation employed in it.
The advent of Covid-19 has led to an exponential rise in cyberattacks, with the US FBI reporting a 300% increase in reported cybercrimes. Studies show that 43% of cyber attacks are targeted at small businesses, incurring massive losses to these up-and-coming ventures. Despite such alarming numbers, it’s reported that more than 77% of organizations do not have a Cyber Security Incident Response plan.
Cybersecurity has become a key component in business infrastructures, and ways to manage cybersecurity are being constantly explored. Automation technologies, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) have proven effective in maximizing security while reducing risk and manual involvement. This article looks into the role that RPA plays in cybersecurity and the benefits that come along with it.
How RPA Boosts Cybersecurity
Let’s take a look at the benefits that come with automating cybersecurity with RPA.
Reduction in Human Error
A major flaw that has long since haunted the effectiveness of cybersecurity is one of human error. Data breaches that occur due to human errors, such as weak passwords and irregular software updates cost businesses and corporations millions of dollars annually. An IBM study recently reported that the average cost of human errors in cybersecurity breaches was around $3.33 million. A joint study by Stanford University Professor Jeff Hancock and security firm Tessian Cyber reported that 88% of data breach incidents were primarily caused by human error, going on to show that if human error was removed from the equation, 9 out 10 data breach incidents would not have taken place at all! Automating cybersecurity with RPA reduces manual management and instead lets companies rely on the precision and continuous production offered by automated programs.
Improved Response Time and Detection Capabilities
Reducing response time is crucial to ensure that the breach doesn’t spread too fast and in the process cause irreparable damage. Ernst and Young have noted that RPA can reduce breach recognition times from an average of 205 days to a few weeks, or even days. RPA goes hand in hand with the belief that the sooner a breach is detected, the better chances of nipping it right at the bud, which has led to it being widely adopted in the automation of cybersecurity.
Automatic Deployment of Security Controls
Robotic Process Automation, when deployed in cybersecurity, comes with the ability to automatically deploy built-in safeguards when a threat or breach is detected. These safeguards can be witnessed in action in instances such as inadvertently visiting an unfamiliar link, leading to the safeguards stepping up and automatically protecting the system against any virus associated with the link. The bots can stop the intrusion and the spread of the virus across the entire organization’s computer network. This helps to provide a more efficient defense against unwanted viruses and attacks. Intone’s RPA also comes with encryptions and safeguards against threats such as phishing, cracking, and man-in-the-middle.
Constant Security of Sensitive Data
The security of your sensitive data is one of the major reasons why cybersecurity is needed. RPA ensures that only a bot has access to sensitive data, systems, and resources, thus eliminating the possibility of privileged data abuse and misuse. Bots record their actions in a log, allowing for human supervision and auditing. RPA also allows bots to create backup copies of conducted processes and gives bots the ability to remotely access sensitive data.
Allows Employees to Focus on Higher-Order Tasks
With automation and bots doing most of the heavy lifting for cybersecurity, employees are given the freedom to express their creative desire and to focus on higher-order tasks that require major human involvement such as decision making, employee hiring, and networking.
RPA can add an extra layer of protection to the existing wall of cyber security, but it’s of utmost importance that you ensure that your RPA platform in and of itself is secure. Moreover, the platform should be capable of smooth integration with existing security controls to ensure the security of the process it’s about to automate.
Why Choose Intone?
- Intone in partnership with EnterpriseBot has developed chatbots, which when compared to IBM Watson offer astounding results such as providing 2.45x times more features in bot creation, 5x times greater responsiveness in creation and integration, and 1.2x times greater responsiveness in NLP and deployment.
- Intone’s RPA solutions offer 4x times more features with regards to intelligent routing when compared to Amazon Lex and have a training model that is 2.25x times more effective than the one that is provided by Amazon Lex.
- Intone offers 2x times more features with respect to use-case and mapping as compared to Google Dialogflow, and has an NLP analysis that is 1.2x times more effective than the one provided by the latter. Our dashboard is also 7x times more effective than what is provided by Google Dialogflow.
Cybersecurity is the need of the hour and the automation of cybersecurity is the solution that can protect your business and data from breaches and threats. We at Intone understand the need for proper security in a massively interconnected world and along with our team of global security experts are proficient in just that!
- We provide services such as cybersecurity strategy, penetration testing, internal & external vulnerability assessment, web application security assessment, secure source code review, and many more.
- Intone’s RPA will anonymize your data to ensure greater protection of sensitive data and information.
- We offer SSL encryption and AES 256 bit encryption to ensure that your sensitive data is safeguarded against malicious attempts at modification and manipulation.
- We offer state-of-the-art infrastructure in terms of cybersecurity, with secure architecture, firewall, and intrusion detection/prevention system designs to boost your security against cyber breaches and threats.
- Intone offers efficient omni-channel support through easy integration with commonly used customer support channels like Gmail, Outlook 365 etc.
- We offer multilingual solutions against our competitor’s English only.
- Intone offers an extensive range of regulatory, data privacy, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance and industry solutions to meet the current regulatory requirements and to ensure that you will not face any trouble when it comes to product/process-related compliance requirements.
- Intone are industry leaders when it comes to cybersecurity and our promise is one of remarkable security at maximum efficiency.